shopping for an energy efficient range, always keep in mind the long-term
savings and goals. First and foremost, you want a range that is safely
insulated, adequately vented and uses high performance energy solutions.
This purchase will keep your family and kitchen safe from air toxins
as well as unwanted heat and fires.
Also, remember though the initial purchase cost of an energy efficient
range might be more expensive than standard stove ranges, eco-friendly
ranges use less energy more productively … saving household
energy costs with each and every use. Additionally, energy efficient
appliances are high-performing with extended durability. You won’t
need to purchase a new stove range if it is energy efficient as soon
as you would a standard stove range.
Range options include:
• Gas Burners: Allow for more control over amount and speed
of heat, but bring harmful fuel into the home and air. Gas Burners
are becoming more energy efficient with new technologies such as electronic
• Electric Cook-Tops: The most Energy Efficient Range option.
Through induction electromagnetic energy is transferred directly to
the pan. Uses half the energy of standard coil range tops.
• Ceramic Glass Cook-Tops (Halogen): These Energy Efficient
Ranges have halogen elements as a heat source located under the ceramic
glass units. Deliver instant heat, respond quickly and are easy to
• Ceramic Glass Cook-Tops (Radiant): These Energy Efficient
Ranges are close in efficiency to halogen ceramic glass cook-tops,
but do not heat up as quickly.
• Standard Electric Coils: Standard Electric Coils fall way
below the high performance energy efficiency of the Energy Efficient
• Solid Disk Elements: Least energy efficient are solid disk
elements. Although easier to clean, they heat up slowly and use high-energy
Don’t just store food; create a safe, cool, and well-balanced
atmosphere using an Energy efficient fridge that also reduces your
household energy costs.
Energy efficient fridge
An energy efficient fridge not only holds food for your family, but
also can provide a clean environment without increasing your power
bill. These eco-friendly fridges feature a variety of energy efficient
options such as:
• Adjustable thermostats perfect for energy saving seasonal
• The newest materials in insulation and door seals
• Power-Saver (anti-sweat) switch options
• Easy to clean coils, which can be cleaned 2x a year to maximize
With a variety of new powering, temperature controlling and design
options, Energy Efficient Fridges can exceed the U.S. Dept. of Energy
efficiency standards beyond 40% while still being stylish and comfortable.